Health Research Internship
Medical Institute currently has a Public Health Internship available. However, as a non-profit organization we are open to other possible internships. If you would like to be considered for an internship other than one in Public Health, please inquire at [email protected]
1. Public Health Internship position
Internship description including duties:
- Performs junior-level statistical and epidemiological work. Work involves serving on teams of health specialists to implement various projects.
- Assist in designing and implementing data collection systems
- Assists in preparing reports and manuscripts.
- Assists with special research projects. Prepares scientific information for educational materials, media, and presentations.
- May help prepare grants.
- Works under supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Time period: 3-6 months
Skills and abilities desired:
Relevant courses from an accredited college or university with major course work in public health, health services research, health promotion, health education or equivalent.
Other skills desired include:
- Knowledge of principles of biostatistics, public health, and epidemiology.
- Advanced skill in the use of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.).
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written format for various audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
This is an unpaid internship, with potential for a future stipend if funds are available. The position will provide an excellent opportunity to learn actual public health program planning, implementation, and evaluation through data analysis.
To apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter by e-mail with subject heading “Public Health Internship” to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please include the contact details of two of your references (names, title/ role, and email).